Monday, July 30, 2012

It's About Time!

I've noticed something. The number of hits I get on my blog correlates rather closely to the time that I post the post (and if I have anything that might get me a weird random link from a Korean Art Gallery website). Also, I'm apparently a big hit in Russia. And qualifying that statement, over almost ten months I've had over 40 Russian views. That's more than Ecuador, South Korea, Singapore, the Phillipines, Canada, Germany, Great Britain, Malaysia, India, and France combined (which combine for somewhere around 29 hits). In the past week I have hat more Russian hits than US hits (by one). Apparently Russians like plums. That's still 656 less total hits than the United States, but you have to start somewhere, and Super-Stardom in any country is really all I ask for.

But here are my observations.

Optimal Conditions: Posting in the late afternoon to early evening, September through May, including pictures of cute animals (possibly Korean), and preferably with a topic related to dating (8 of my top 10 posts are related to dating. #8 and #9 are not about dating, but are still interesting. They also have half the views of my #1 post, Crossed Signals).

Sub-Optimal Conditions: Posting late at night or early in the morning, Year-round, discussing anything other than dating (exceptions clearly stated in the above paragraph), without cute animal pictures.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that low viewership is not because people don't care. There is enough ebb and flow regularly to cast doubt on the idea that people don't care what I have to say, and enough evidence to support my present assumptions. I'm pretty sure that everyone cares. It's a timing thing. Not that I measure the value of my thoughts and opinions based on the number of page views I get on any particular post. That'd be ludicrous. At the current rate, I'm going to need to post twelve 20-view posts before the end of October in order to get 1000 views in one year.

There's only one option. I'll have to do a "Return to Dating Week" Week. I've wanted to hold off, but it might just be time. Soon. Very soon. Probably to kick off the new scholastic year. Get everyone pumped for another round of discouragement, lack of success, and the possibility of winning (What did I just hear? Matt's going to compare Dating to Quidditch!?).

So to end this post, I will follow advice I recently gave a friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment