Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Future Decided

I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up. "Grow up?" you might ask. "Aren't you already just about 23?"

Well, yes. But age is more a state of mind than anything. Now that that's out of the way, I can proceed to the meat. I have decided to become (after I find Sasquatch, of course) a Dragon/Treasure Hunter. And the "/" is an and/or. Obviously if I find a dragon and hunt it, the marvelous creature will probably lead me to its horde of treasure. Will I feel bad about killing so magnificent a creature? Who said anything about killing? I plan on extorting wealth from the dragons. Clearly they don't want to be found by humans, or they would hang out where humans can see them. If I threaten to expose them (and manage to not get killed) imagine the wealth they would offer me in order to bribe me into silence.

Naturally I would prefer a diversified portfolio: some gems, gold, ancient weapons and armor with magical properties, and a heaping helping of wisdom and dragon lore. Probably heavy on the gold. And gems. Would I probably be target for reprisals from the dragons? Yes, but that's why I'd get the magical weapons and armor. Sure, it may look like they didn't help out the last guy to wear them, but he didn't have technology on his side. By blending magic with technology, I'd be unstoppable. And it would only give me greater advantage in treasure hunting.

Yeah, I have given this a lot of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment